Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I'm currently looking at moving jobs, I work in the

I'm currently looking at moving jobs, I work in the financial industry as a trade operations analyst. About 8/9 years ago I was arrested for assault and received a 7 month suspended sentence.
Now I was informed that this would be on my record for 10 years, (Although always on there in the eyes of the law) But was recently told this had changed and made shorter this year?
My question really is, would this come up on a basic background check now? i.e would I have to disclose this?
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. As a financial services sector worker a prospective employer is likely to seek an enhanced DBS check, this would reveal all conviction and non conviction information whether spent or not.
This means that it is highly likely a new employer would find this out.
In these circumstances it is probably best to disclose this first.
I attach details of DBS checks for your information https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/409805/DBS_guide_eligibility_v7.pdf
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.