75100385

A car service garage in London has given out my name, details,

A car service garage in London has given out my name, details, invoice dates, amounts and other sensitive information without my permission, to another of their customers. They dont have a data protection license (i dont think) but are the allowed to do this anyway?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you suffered any loss please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the garage in question told another of their customers personal information about me and my car repairs i had done with them, i then sold that car to someone else, who then took it to the same garage by luck, and the garage divulged all my information to him about me, the car, the repairs, invoice amounts, dates, my address etc etc in order to help the new keeper to take me to court as his not happy about the cars condition. the garage have stated they will help the customer fight me in court - i believe this to be well outside their scope, and responsibility to keep my information private, not sure if this means ive suffered any loss

Ok, then this is a breach. You can write and complain to the Garage and the Information commissioner. They can investigate your complaint and offer a free service at: www.ico.gov.uk
You could also sue for breach of the Data Protection Act if you have suffered some loss.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

even if they dont have a data protection license?

Correct!

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.