12826847

My son's partner put a children tracker on his phone several

Customer Question

My son's partner put a children tracker on his phone several months ago. At first he wasn't aware of it, then we became aware of it, and finally about a month ago, our son told her parents it was there. We've been advised it's illegal to do this and have begged our son to get it taken off, but he won't (we think he fears the awful repercussions ). We find it very distressing, and feel it is an invasion of our privacy and that of anyone else who texts or phones him, especially if they don't know it's on there. His partner is totally controlling and has isolated him from seeing any of his friends but they have a 2yr old son. Can we threaten to take out a civil action (maybe along with his friends) through a solicitors letter or can you suggest a legal solution as our son seems unwilling to help himself. Many thanks Su S.
Such trackers generally only give a location - is this one different?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare -yes it shows who calls him, monitors his web browsing, his emails and as far as I know it even shows the actual text messages that are been sent not just who sends them- hence his isolation. We live in Devon , my son lives in Coventry so we need to be able to text and call him freely because we don't see him regularly but she even objects to this.

Su

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
She needed more information which I sent yesterday but I haven't had a reply yet