75100385

I have never been paid any royalties on a hit record I had

Customer Question

I have never been paid any royalties on a hit record I had in 1983. All during this time, I have been VAT registered and therefore unable to pay the Vat that is due on these outstanding royalties, since the record company refused to account. Through the years, I have asked for a copy of the agreement and statements of account but the record company have ignored my requests and not replied. Now my tracks have been re-released on the internet with no acknowledgement that royalties and VAT are outstanding past and present. Should I contact HMCR in regards ***** ***** situation as the record company continues trading on my name for free and with inpunty. Please advise, thank you.
Marsha
Hello Marsha my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
how much are you owed please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no way of knowing since the record company refuses to account and have ignored all of my requests for account through the years.

You need to write and ask them to disclose it or say you will go to Court.
If they refuse then you can issue proceedings and ask them to account for royalties. You would need to complete form N1;
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
The Court will issue the claim and you can see if it is defended. If not then the Court can order they disclose documents and pay your royalties. If they defend it the Court will set the matter down and list for a trial to decide whether they should disclose documents and whether you are owed anything.
If its under £10,000 it will be a small claim. Over £10,000 then you will need representation at Court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, please clarify on the issue I asked originally in regards ***** ***** non payment of these royalties being subject to VAT as it creates another non payment/ tax evasion situation by the record company. Yes or No.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks,

Marsha

Yes it does.
Does that clarify?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.