75100385

A client of mine is refusing to pay an invoice of mine for

Customer Question

A client of mine is refusing to pay an invoice of mine for an Associate they hired for nearly a year on £750 per day. They didnt tell me that they had bought her on board, nor the length of time that they utilised her services for, and are now looking at taking her on permanently. As they didnt inform me that they were using her, I have invoiced them on a Standard Terms % of the monies paid to her. They are saying that we didnt have terms agreed but they agreed to accept candidates from me, took the CV which was fully branded by my company, allowed me to initiate the introduction, arrange the initial meetings, take feedback from both sides and communicate this to both parties. I was then told they might be able to use her for a short piece of work (a month or so), and I said on such a basis I would look to charge them a nominal fee for a short piece of work. They are now saying that they agree I am owed the Nominal Fee but as this was only ever offered against a short piece of work, and definitely not a year long contract with a follow-on permanent position (albeit that the contract and perm placement are a year apart). My standard terms are 20% (industry standard and the same as the company offer to their current suppliers.
My question is - do I have a right to claim they owe me a larger fee than the 'nominal fee' I offered for a shorter term piece of work?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did they sign or agree to any terms and conditions please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They did not sign anything but agreed to me putting forward candidates to them.

How would they have been made aware of your terms?