13262538

Does child maintenance have an expiry date? Can I be chased

Does child maintenance have an expiry date? Can I be chased for payments missed ten years ago?
There is no time limit on pursuing arrears of child maintenance for missed payments 10 years ago.
Just to add - in fact in England and Wales the answer depends on whether the arrears have accrued under a Court Order or the CSA.
If it is the former then you will need the permission of the court to enforce arrears more than 12 months old , and the delay would need a good explanation.
If they have accrued under the CSA then there is no time limit.
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.