75100385

I have a complaint with the Energy Ombudsman against my energy

I have a complaint with the Energy Ombudsman against my energy provider.
The ombudsman has given a list of actions that the energy provider must follow, although some of them are very vague (for example, they must bill me at a "preferential rate" but there is no description of how much that is).
I am going to take small claims court action against the energy provider to recover costs due to distress/inconvenience over the past year.
In the meantime, if I accept the ombudsman's ruling... Will that "weaken" my small claim at all? Will it make it look like I'm actually happy with the action that has been suggested by the ombudsman - because it still doesn't address the distress/inconvenience suffered over the past year.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
it won't weaken it. Just because there is a settlement via the Ombudsman does not stop you from taking a claim for personal loss of amenity.
So it wont affect your claim that you have been to the Ombudsman.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I should have mentioned this... One of the items that the Ombudsman has listed is that the energy supplier should pay "£100 as a gesture of goodwill to address the shortfalls in customer service experienced."

Does that change anything? Does that £100 "finalise" my complaint so I can't claim for distress at small claims court?

That does not change anything. No the £100 does not finalise.
You can claim for distress etc at court.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.