75100385

I havent recieved any letters from the police fail to

i havent recieved any letters from the police for a fail to report a accident incidenr its been 2weeks now can they have dropped the case/investigation as i gave the car owner my insurance details the very same day (accident happened in morning and i seen car owner in evening) will the police know about me coming forward with my details to the car owner if the car owner initially reported it to the police BEFORE i seen her.....
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i will wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im worried i might get summonsed for a motoring offence its been 3 weeks and ive received no letters from police or the courts,do police have 14 days to summons me?
They have 14 days to issue a notice of intended prosecution to identify a driver.
But they have 6 months to summons you to Court for the offence.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh okay but what are the chances of getting summonsed for a damage only car park accident,a minor bump.i didnt report to the owner as i didnt know who the owner was but i bumped in to the owner later in the evening (same day if accident) and admitted it was my fault and gave her my details.could police still summons me ir will they see it as case closed.the car owner did initially contact the police (BEFORE me and her spoke and exchanged details)
Its possible as the law says you must stop and then report it to the Police. You could still be summonsed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would it be a summons not an arrest or knock on my door by police
It would be a summons he's not knock at door.
Does that help?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience