12826847

I booked a hire car with Auto Europe to be picked up in Naples

Customer Question

I booked a hire car with Auto Europe to be picked up in Naples airport from Scicily by car Italy .I was given 2 cars because the first one offered had no interior courtesy lighting working and I accepted the 2nd .During the hire period after 12 days hire a severe brake grinding noise developed in the rear offside wheel. As I had only two days left of my holiday and being faced with a return journey of approx 400 kms, I tried several times to contact the two emergency phone no.s on the documents given but with no response from either,and consequently had to return to Naples on the handbrake.What I want to know is who is responsible for this problem situation......My total driven kms was about 1300
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify when you ask who is responsible, do you mean are you responsible for the damage or do you mean can you claim compensation from the rental company for the problems you experienced please?
Was the isse reported to the rental company on return? If so what was the response?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1) attendant hotel expenses due to the car problem.(2 yes to the reception clerk, response was non committal

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Could you kindly clarify why you incurred additional hotel expenses due to the fault?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like to continue with the above?