12826847

My daugher who is 15 years old has been vaccinated by the school

Customer Question

My daugher who is 15 years old has been vaccinated by the school this afternoon without my consent. I have previously written to the school to refuse all vaccines and enclosing literature as to why I am anti vaccines. I am the primary parent and am amicably separated from her father. He received a paper copy of a letter which I did not see; it was also not available by email or sent via the downloadable parent mail internet cloud service. The first I knew of it was when my daughter showed me the slip saying she had been vaccinated this afternoon. As she had a serious reaction to vaccines aged 4 and a half, I had let the school know that and did not know that any vaccines were due in Year 10. What can I do ?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want to know how the school were allowed to inject my daughter with vaccines without my consent when I have specifically declined the Gardasil (cervical cancer vaccine) and enclosed leaflets etc.. explaining my opposition.

Today she has been given, without my knowledge, Tetanus, Men C, Polio and Dipheria.

I am the childrens' mother and primary guardian and first point of contact on all matters. I did not receive a letter and there is no letter on the internet email cloud website, nor any notification anywhere on the school website that there were vaccines being offered this week.

I want to protect other parents and I potentially want compensation if my child has any kind of reaction - after her last 'booster', she became withdrawn and lost all ability to speak. She was a chatty 4 year old prior to this. She has a sensitivity to eggs also, which have some connection to how the vaccines are processed. I therefore have refused all vaccines since as a precaution.

I want primarily an explanation.

Indeed. If the answer is no, what is it you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer will be no?

Sorry, I don't understand

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need a more comprehensive answer back please
I meant if the answer is no, in terms of want to protect, what else do you want to achieve ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need to hear from the school about exactly what the process was, given that my daughter could be made seriously ill by this.

Do you feel a solicitor's letter is in order ?

Or do I have grounds to sue them ?

If you were to sue, what would be the loss? I assume there was no adverse reaction?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Adverse reactions can take years to develop. They are not just conveniently within the legal 72 hour window. A classic result of unnecessary vaccination is chronic fatigue, ME or guerlian barre syndrome in adolescence. I have personal and peer group experience of this and have a holistic medical background. I have also spent 15 years taking care of her, making sure she had no suppressive medications or amalgam in her teeth. I am an informed parent and not just jumping on some bandwagon.

So, are you of the mindset that nothing can be done here?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I don't feel I have received value for money with these answers. I would like either a different lawyer or a reply to my last point. If not possible tonight, please at least let me know that. With best regards
What we need to know is what is your loss?
She has not had a reaction? What loss has been suffered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not agree with vaccination and this was done without my explicit consent. That cannot be lawful as I am the main primary caregiver.

I do not agree with it for my daughter because of the health risks given her physiology. I therefore believe my daughter's long term health to be significantly at risk and impacted. For over 15 years, I have treated my daughter principally holistically - my objection to vaccines has been formed over a long period of time and I had made it known to the school when the cervical cancer vaccine was offered and to her GP.

Yes, I understand all of that.
But what loss is there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Her health potentially long term; she has been put at risk against my knowledge. I feel it is akin to an assault.

I am sorry but there is no claim on this basis.
You are annoyed because they have acted against your wishes which is understandable. It does not give rise to a claim.
If she has an adverse reaction then there would be a personal injury claim although, in truth, not for a large amount. You don't get big awards in the UK really unless the damage is pretty much permanent. She may well have been put at risk but that isn't a head of loss in the UK. People are not liable for the risks they cause unless some injury actually does befall them.
You can complain about this but there is no point in suing. You will end up paying their costs as there is just plain no claim on these facts.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo,I have a meeting with the school next week. I wrote to refuse all vaccines when she was 12 / 13 years old. If this letter is on file, might I then have a case against them?Thanks, Helen
It wouldn't change the position above.
I don't think they can deny that you expressed a wish that they should not do this.
The difficulty is that having done there is no loss.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The loss is to my daughter, who could later suffer serious chronic illness.

I understand this is not provable in law.

Thank you, Jo

Yes, and if she does then there would be a claim.
What you cannot do is claim for future possible conditions.
The point is that she has not suffered such a reaction now and that is the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/