12826847

I was convicted of failing to provide the name of the driver

I was convicted of failing to provide the name of the driver when my vehicle was caught on camera for speeding, although I gave the name and phone number of the driver. I appealed this to the Crown Court. The Crown Court changed the hearing date to a date I could not make. I wrote in immediately to advise that I could not make that date, giving ten days notice. The judge decided to hear my case in my absence and fined me £415 for the privilege and said the original imposed 6 points and fine were to stay. I wrote to the judge and asked if he would please hear my appeal? He wrote back No. My question is can I appeal this and how do I go about it? Thank you.
If you were convicted in the Crown Court then the only further appeal is either to the Court of Appeal on point of law or to the Administrative Court for judicial review.
You need to show grounds of appeal and seek leave for both and it will cost at least a thousand I'm afraid. Judicial review is more expensive than an appeal on point of law generally but neither are cheap.
On the facts that you present above, I'm afraid there are no grounds of appeal failing within either category.
Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.