31090051

Tier 2 Genral Visa Applcation Question

Customer Question

I am an Indian national . I have secured a job that has sponsored me a Tier 2 genral visa . I have a COS no. with me . While i am filling out the visa application form(tier 2 general upto 3 years) . There is a quastion "How long do you intend to stay in the UK?" . My contract is for 12 months . However I intent to extend the contract or find another job while i am there and plan to certainly stay more than 12 months . Also , If i am given a 12 months visa , I believe it expires 12 months from the date its approved .Since I need to undergo some formalities once in UK , My job will start 2 -3 week after i arrive in UK .hance it would expire short of 12 motnhs from my actual start date . While i was going through the visa guidline , I read that i can stay for one more month beyond the visa expiry . Now my quation is - Should i answer that question as - a. 12 months. b. 13 months. c. 3 years (and explain the situation in the comments section right in the end of visa appliaction) . Thanks

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You should specify the maximum on the basis that you are intending to stay for that period. You can say that you anticipate that your contract will be extended.
Note, however, that your visa can only be granted for the duration of your certificate of sponsorship plus one month but you can apply for it to be extended whilst you are here if the job continues or if you find another job.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.