75100385

Foolishly, on Tuesday evening this week after 7 hours of pressure

Foolishly, on Tuesday evening this week after 7 hours of pressure selling, we signed up to the Eze Share holiday points. We 'bought' £5000 worth of points which continues until we have used up all the points. We are in our late sixties and can't see how we could ever use these up and the product seems to be simply a discount on purchases. I have paid £2500 up front on my credit card and signed an agreement to pay the rest by internet banking at the end of this month. I have 'phoned my credit card company (fortunately ***** ***** Mastercard) but the £2500 has already gone out to Eze Group. Someone in their specialist department is going to contact me. Is this covered by Timeschare law? It's not timeshare (they say) but it is similar to another customer's problem which I have seen on your website. Don't laugh, but I am a trained barrister in the UK and a member of Gray's Inn!
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will help you with this.
How did you pay for them please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Master card (***** *****) credit card. See info given - I have reported it to ***** *****

Thanks. You should do that. Its a grey area of law at the moment. They will say its not covered by timeshare law because you are buying points.
However you could argue that in effect it is timeshare in all but name and therefore it should apply. In short you have charged back with ***** ***** and you should not pay anything more.
They can not just pressure you into paying, so do not be bullied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, that is pretty much as I was thinking, so it is good to have it confirmed. I am due to pay the second instalment by bank transfer, so obviously I will tell my bank not to pay it. I am hoping that Mastercar will refund my payment even if they cannot reclaim it from Eze Group.

Incidentally, is Tenerife covered by European Law? I know it belongs to Spain, but it seems to have different interpretation of directives.

With best wishes

Jacqueline

Tenerife is not EU law sadly.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.