12826847

I have a commercial tenant who wont pay rent. she owes

Customer Question

Hi I have a commercial tenant who wont pay rent. she owes £5000 is unwilling to meet up I call sent letter/text called at premises keeps saying she will pay but hasn't I do I resolve???
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask if you have a formal lease with the tenant please?
What is your preference at this stage notwithstanding recovering the rent owed to date. Do you believe the tenant is good for future rent or is she in danger of being insolvent?
Does the tenant have any goods that could be seized to pay towards rent in the premises?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has had a lease back in 2010 which was for 2 years but hasn't been renewed or updated she had stop making payments to our company in June 2014. we have phoned sent letters/text called in with her and basically told me not to step foot back in! Has she broken her lease/contract by not paying??? I think she does have the money to pay and would be too costly for her to move. I just want to put pressure on her to pay something as she wont even come to an arrangement for outstanding debt!

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. So to be clearshe does have a formal lease but it ran out in around 2012 without being renewed?
From what you say do I understand that you would on balance prefer to move her out and replace her with a paying tenant and seek to recover arrears?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like to continue with the above?