Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I paid a deposit and more to Thomson in February I was contacted

I paid a deposit and more to Thomson in February I was contacted to say I had to pay the holiday by Thursday 25th February 2015, the holiday was not until 7th May 2015 when i phoned the call center they said they would wait the 24 hrs for me to pay but it was not there booking i would have to go to the shop i booked in i phoned them and they point blank refused no matter what i offered my card number to be at the shop at 9am. They cancelled the holiday and said i would have the additional monies returned to me I paid £707.00 and the deposit was £625.00. I contacted them in April as i had not received this monies and said that as they had not sent my balance i would like it all sent back to me they asked for 28 day to investigate that has passed and nothing what can i do
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I clarify that you wanted to pay for the holiday but they would not accept your money please?
How did you pay the deposit (e.g. credit card) and when did you pay?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid the Deposit the beginning of February by Debit Card.

they phoned me and said the balance had to be paid I then phoned back and said i would be in on the Saturday to pay the balance i was told that was alright then my husband received a telephone call at home and wanted us to pay that day i said i would be paid the next day and would pay it first thing in the morning they would not let me because the shop would be penalized. I told them i was not happy and to do what they had to do. I then received on the Saturday a cancellation letter. telling me i would receive £82 back as i had overpaid the deposit, which i have not received.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. On the basis that you paid the deposit by credit card the simplest way to requireobtain a refund if you have already requested one from the travel agent directly but it is not been supplied, is to contact your credit card provider and ask them to process a charge back to your account for the money paid. they will send you a declaration form to complete and ask you for evidence of your entitlement to a refund which would be the letter you received from the travel agent. You can return the form to the credit card provider and they will process a chargeback on your behalf.
Normally, money will be in your account within 2 to 3 days was they investigate your request and then they will confirm the final decision regarding the charge back to you normally within 28 days. If the travel agent has confirmed you should receive a refund and you have not done so, there is no basis on which for the chargeback decision to go any other way other than in your favour.
I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful