12826847

In October of last year, my husband and l decided to have a

In October of last year, my husband and l decided to have a new kitchen, we are both in our 80's. So we went to Homebase in Arnold, Nottingham. They designed the kitchen, and then showed us the kitchen on 3 - D and we were very pleased with it, My husband went to the building society to withdraw £ just over £14,000 to pay for it, we had been saving for ages for this kitchen.
They started the kitchen in January 2015. They said the kitchen would not fit because the measurements were wrong. so we went back to Homebase and a smaller kitchen was designed, and even after that we had to make adjustments, during this time we had no running water, or facilities to cook food other that a Microwave my husband fitted in the lobby.,
It took three weeks to complete. and like a pair od idiots we assumed they would get in touch about a refund. So we went to Homebase again to be told they had refunded our money, not to us they did not have our Card.
This is making me quite ill, and my husband is waiting for knee surgery.
Can you help Please Kay Channon
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What we would like is help to get our money back, l suppose we do not make much of a push with them when they keep saying they have refunded, may l also say we have paid for a different Microwave which came a fornight ago and is sitting in our garage

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What else do you want to know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What else do you want to know l am sorry l have not had any answer yet

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.
They seem to be saying that they have refunded. Have you asked them what they mean by this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes , after we went in a third time she refunded us £700 +, but this not the full some that is owing and she had to ask my husband for his card to do so., no other payment has been received.

Do they deny that you are owed a refund?
On what basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They say they have refunded us, but nothing has gone into our account

And they used your card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they have to use my husbands card for details of our account.

How do l score you, so far good

You don't need to rate until I have answered.
Have you spoken to the bank?
This doesn't make much sense.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it doesn't make sense. We have asked them to come and see the kitchen with the two designs they did but no response.

If it comes to it you could always sue.
There are really only two explanations for this. The first is that they are being untruthful. The second is that the bank have lost the money. Either might be true.
I would write to them first demanding confirmation that the money has been paid within 28 days. If they do confirm then ask your bank to investigate.
If nothing is still received then send them a letter before action setting down that you demand payment within 14 days and in default you will sue. Maybe they will ignore you. Maybe not. Either way it is free to do.
If that still fails then issue against them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
Experience: Over 5 years in practice