13262538

7 weeks ago I told my husband of 10 years that we were

Must I give him access to the house?
I am assuming that you and your husband have separated
Has there been any violence at all?
Clare.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I told my husband (of 10.5 years) it was over 7 weeks ago and asked him to move out which he did the following week. He is living in his family home. The marital home is owned by me and in my name only. I have added an additional lock to the door. In the last few days he has become verbally aggressive, threatening and intimidating and I'm scared he will turn up at / in the house to berate me and refuse to leave - he has said he will move back in. No physical violence. I have nowhere else to go. He says I cannot refuse him access to the marital home. What can I do? Must I give him access? (I would just stop using the new lock rather than give him a key)
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
My apologies for the delay.
I am afraid that he does indeed have the right to return to the Matrimonial Home whenever he wishes (unless there is an Order excluding him as a result of violence). However since he is not a joint owner he is not permitted to break into the property.
Of course if you lose your keys you will need to change the locks.
Please ask if you need further details