13262538

Ihave put in council sheltered a commodation i live in

Ihave put in for a council sheltered a commodation i live in my own home but cant cope no more on my own .Iwould like my grandson to have the house because my late husband didnt want it sold out side the family what do I need to do I am at a loss I am looking for advice please can you advise me and put me on the right road thank you
How much is your house worth and can your grandson afford to purchase it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it is worth 90 thousand pounds I would let him have it for 70 thousand pounds yes he can afford it

What is your concern about the way forward?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont know what I have to do to sell the house and to give my two daughters their share of the money and dont know how much I can give them I have never done anything like this my late husband did it all

How will you finance your council accommodation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am disabled I have a proxomatly about 8 thousand pounds dont owe any money to anybody so I can afford to pay my way

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I amdisabled I have about 8 thousand pounds dont owe any moneyto anybody so I can afford to pay my way

Selling the property to your grandson is a matter of instructing a solicitor to deal with the sale.
A local firm should be able to assist you with this.
Whilst you can make gifts to your daughters you do need to be cautious about the amounts that you give.
This is because if at any time you need to have financial assistance from the Council they will assess you on the basis that the money that you gave away is still available to you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details