75100385

Why would i be kept overnight at a police station harassment

Customer Question

why would i be kept overnight at a police station for a harassment charge.ive got no criminal record i havent missed bail or failed to attend court or abscond so im wondering why i was denied bail.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What did the bail sheet say why you were denied please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i cant remember all i know is that the custody sergeant refused me bail....i felt shocked and angry
What was the basis of the harassment ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
threatening the victim and victims mother by text message
Ok. They can deny bail if they think there is a risk you will further continue to contact the victim but when you are charged you need to be taken before a court the next business day. The court can then decide whether to oppose bail or apply for a remand. The grounds are limited but generally interference with witnesses and obstruction of justice.
I assume in this case you were given bail conditions not to approach or contact victim and mother. The police can be a bit over cautious but you can imagine the papers if you had been released and gone and attacked the victim.
That is probably why.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i thought for clean records and complying with previous bail conditions etc would make police be ok to bail a person and not keep them in overnight at the station
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Great, good luck.