75100385

I have been issued two different speeding tickets

Customer Question

I have been issued two different speeding tickets for exactly the same time and location - one is listed as 'frame 4' and the other 'frame 5'.
I would suggest this would mean that neither can be seen to be valid as clearly I cannot commit two different crimes at exactly the same time. One is for 35 mph, and the other 41mph. Both at 9.00 in the same place on the same date.
Am I right?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you written and asked if they are correct please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

No, I haven't written and asked if they are correct - I only received them last night. My assumption was that they would insist they are correct - but my point is that (unless Frame 4 and Frame 5 are two different cameras some distance apart, rather than 2 frames from the same camera) they cannot possibly both be correct….

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please can you confirm you are getting my reply as your software keeps telling me that my email is allocated to another user.

I have not written to as if the speeding notices are correct, because I've only just received them. I intend to ask for 'evidence' of both but want to know what a 'frame' is before I do so - i.e. is this the same offence or two different cameras?

I think you should write and ask. You can only be guilty of one offence not two, unless you drove through the camera twice which I assume you didn't.
But you will need to complete the notice of intended prosecution as that is a legal requirement, but you should also query the two notices. You are probably guilty of one, but but not both.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great, I will do that thanks. One thing though - from an 'is there anything I can do to create a loophole" perspective - am I right in saying that if they cannot prove either/ both notice is correct, that basically each casts doubt on the other and therefore they cannot legally prosecute - as their equipment or process is faulty? I agree with you that I am probably guilty of one - but which one? Surely they have to prove that - and the fact that they've sent me two reports that contradict each other, means that they can't prove it?
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you still haven't answered my original question. Instead, you have prevaricated with various other 'questions' to fill out the space /allowed number of replies, to avoid actually answering my original question. Which was very clear. Please can you do that. Thanks.

Neither can been as valid - no
One is correct.