75100385

After test driving a car and pointing out a tyre needed replaced,

After test driving a car and pointing out a tyre needed replaced, the dealership replaced the tyre with a different quality brand (without informing me it was their plicy to use budget tyres). I paid for the car before the car was brought round and then checked the tyre and noticed the different brand (I had assumed it would be the same make as the three other tyres -Continental) and am now trying to get this replaced. The dealership have now offered to replace the tyre with the same brand if I pay the difference which I do not think is acceptable. I am I within my rights to have the replacement tyre be the same as the remaining three as when I viewed the car it had 4 continental tyres ?
Kirsteen
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume the confidential tyre was worn out which they replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tyre had slight damage. The car purchased is only 8 months old with 8000 mile on the clock.

Ok. So it would have needed a new tyre in any event if you had it with the damage on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, that's correct.
Ok. It's bad news in that case. If the tyre was going to need replacing when you got the car yourself then you are not entitled to a continental replacement. That is because they are only required to replace it with another tyre not like for like.
This is because you are buying the car with the tyre in the damaged condition and only if it was agreed they would replace like with like should they.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.