13262538

I am disabled and live in a three bedroom council house with

I am disabled and live in a three bedroom council house with my husband, his mother who has dementia and our three children, 18,15 and 14 yrs.
The tenancy is in my name and the house has been adapted for me.
I am no longer happy in my relationship and want my husband to leave with his mother, he refuses to do so.
My family is on benefits.
Please advise me what my rights are.
Kind regards *****
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Who will the younger children wish to stay with?
Are you willing to start divorce proceedings?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The younger children will be staying with me, and yes I want to start divorce proceedings.
Michelle Bobb
I am afraid that your husband has the right to remain in the property so long as you are married and there is no order stating that he cannot return (either as a result of violence or because the financial issues have been resolved)
At this stage all you can do is start the divorce proceedings and try and discuss the housing position with him using Family mediation
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
However in the long term you will be able to remain in the property
Please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.