12826847

Keith, I'm wondering if your organisation can help me regarding

Customer Question

Keith,
I'm wondering if your organisation can help me regarding an Investment I made with Centaur Ligation, Buttonwood. This is a company which financed large legal cases where it was seen to have 60 % chance of winning the case. It went into Provisioal Liquidation in the Cayman Islands and the Liquidator are extremely secretive. The last information I saw on this subject indicated there maybe someone interested in taking it over and continuing the cases in progress. I've now heard nothing for several months. Do you think 'Get an Answer' can find out what's happening? My Investment is substantial.
Nicholas Costa.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Who are the liquidators and solicitors acting for them?
Are the 8 certificates shares certificates or u specified units in the funds?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get back to you shortly re the type of Share Certificates I have.
I punched in 'Joint Provisional Liquidator's Centaur Litigation Buttonwood Cayman Islands ' and there is great deal of information on the Internet.
I will look into my files to see if the information you require is available but I think not. When I tried to copy the last message from the Liqidators it would not copy.
The Internet I think should provide the info you require.
I will check my files today and give you the information you require regarding the Certificates / Shares etc as indicated above.
I note on the Internet some Investors have received proof of debt forms to complete. To dateI I have not received these. Nicholas Costa.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ, The Share Certificates descriptions are through three or four different classes. The Centaur Litigation Income Accelerator Series 1. In this serious I am holding No 1264 S USD ( the last two digits are 46 not 64 ) and No 1438 S USA. In Series 111 No 1915 S . CLIA Rights, No 2381 S USD. In Series CRNS 2 Series 11 Note No 2636 N and 2108 N USA.
Centau Unit Series 1 Unit No 02001 A UKP. They are called Share Certificates.
I have a contact, Mr Said Jahani I tried this but got no reply. I think Mr Jahani is involved with the Liquidators in Cayman Islands.
As said previously there seems to be a lot of info on the Internet.
Nicholas Costa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ I cannot give you the name of the Liquidators or their Legal team. When I received an email message from them. I failed to keep a copy and this was because I was unable to copy it or send it on - it was arranged this way by the Liquidators. The Liquidators seem to be very secretive and this increases my worry.
When the Investment was promoted it stated The Capital was guaranteed through Insurance. Also any Legal Case they intended to support financially was fully covered by Insurance and vetted by three set of different Lawyers including the Legal Team of the Insurance Company, The Legal Team of Centaur and the Legal Team of the Client Centaur were supporting. This was the Information given out.
My Investment level is around 400,000.00 USD. Nicholas Costa.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Are the share certificates shares in Companies Incorporated in the Cayman Islands?
Were these special purpose vehicles set up to be sold as financial investments?
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ, In order for me to answer your questions I will have to obtain advice.
I will get back to you as soon as possible. This may take time. Nicholas Costa
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ, Agentum Litigation established several series of Investments. I don't know whether the Company was Incorporated in the Cayman Islands but I think so. When I invested in any of the series a Certificate was issued. This indicated the number of Shares, Number of The Certificate in a particular fund, it's value, interest to be earned, start date and maturity date. This is all I can say about the Certificates/Shares. SHARE CERTICATE.
The sales literature indicated 100% Capital Guaranteed, The Term on the Investment, Income level, Bounus value, Quarterly Payouts, 3 Levels of Insurance, Backed by AAA rated Bank Bond, UK FSA Regulated, Uncorrelated to the Stock Market, I don't think they were Ordinary Shares in a Company OR ANY OTHER KIND OF REGULAR SHARE. If you check the Internet you may find more detailed information. There's a lot on the Internet. It is apparent that fraud has been involved by those controlling the Investment Funds. The last thing I heard was that there may be interest in someone taking the fund/s over. I now understand that a minimum influx of 6 M was required but not met to do this. This is all the information I have and trust you will be able establish what the current situation is. Nicholas Costa.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AJ, I received an email today from the Joint Provisionable Liquidator's - Grant Thorton, Australia, Mr Said Jahani - indicating that Buttonwood Legal Capital Ltd., BVI, Company No.(###) ###-#### ***** to a hearing at The Grand Court of the Cayman Islands June 25, 2015.
A great deal of machinations have taken place since their last communication which in layman terms is difficult to understand. It would appear there is still some funds left which could be returned to Creditors and Investors.
I am advised but not done to contact Mr Andrew Bull +61 2 8297 2486 or email For more information. Further information is available from www.grantthorton.com.au. Codes are required to enter their tracker system and information here cannot be copied. It's very detailed and complicated and difficult to understand - as said above.
At this stage I'm not sure whether you could provide further info but if you can this will be appreciated. Nicholas Costa.
I now have a general idea as to what is going on