UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

The main reasons visa is Filipino Fiancée to

Customer Question

The main reasons for this visa is for My Filipino Fiancée to come join me permanently in UK, get married and this should enable her to then work?
Am I correct that the first visa will be 30 months, get married in first 6 months of this, then reapply for different visa after marriage. If so, do we apply for stay of leave at this junction, or near the end of 30 months?
On Application form VAF4A my route through this is ;
Apply to join family living permanently in UK : Settlement – Settlement – Marriage.
With this an VAF4A Appendix 2 form accompanies application form. If there is a particular named/numbered form to use, please advise.
Pay up front with online application and appointment making
Full Visa fee £956.
Health care charges £600
On appointment take proof of all these declared papers.
All Housing and utility bills/proof.
Financial situation. As DLA is my main source of income do I need to fill in any work related information past or present?
I have savings which is declared.
Confirmation of a booked Marriage ceremony.
TB clearance certification.
English Test certification
It would be much appreciated if you can advise me if I am doing, and submitting correct items and forms?
Kind Regards,
Del Collins
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

The fiancee visa is valid for 6 months and your fiancee cannot work with this visa.

During the 6 months validity of the fiancee visa, the marriage needs to take place. Once the marriage has taken place, your fiancee needs to apply for further leave to remain as your spouse which will be valid for 30 months. This leave to remain will allow your fiancee to work.

At the end of the 30 months, your fiancee needs to apply for further leave to remain for another 30 months.

At the end of the 60 months, your fiancee may apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Your fiancee has to apply online for the visa: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply

The documents required are listed here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/documents-you-need-to-provide

As you are on DLA, you do not need to submit prior proof of employment although you may do so if you wish to.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you JA. Your answer confuses me, as I believe you have sent me down the Fiancee only route, and not my described route which I had been directed to by the immigration phone line direct by an adviser a short while ago. I was advised then to take the Settlement of settled UK family route, for the initial 33 months, then 30 month before 59 month final application for permanent settlement.

I am sorry to say, my thoughts and directions are now more confused than before I enquired!

Anyway thanks for your help.

Del

Your described route only works if you are married to your fiancee already, which you are not. It appears that your have been misadvised by the immigration phone line which is not surprising as the lines are often staffed by people who are not legally qualified and often do not understand the rules.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear JA,

I have looked at the gov.uk immigration site, and there is this section!

You’ll need a visa to come to the UK

Apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if you and your partner want to get married or enter into a civil partnership in the UK.

Apply for a family of a settled person visa if your partner is British or settled in the UK and you wish to join them to live in the UK permanently.

If I'm not mistaken, you have not answered my query with the Marriage only visa. I'm sure I need the Family of a Settled person visa, for the question I posed? If this correct , am I due a refund?

Regards, Del

The marriage visitor visa does not apply to you as your fiancée wishes to live in the UK with you after you get married.
My answer still stands