Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

My Iva Practitioner is bullying me

Customer Question

my Iva Practitioner is bullying me
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to the site. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question. Please tell me more information about this. What kind of bullying? What form is the bullying taking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Iva is about to end

However,the biggest claimant Hmrc on submitting the accounts,have to now tell me a revised figure which is going to be significantly lower

The IP is forcing me to put in more and more money by selling my assests and life policy despite this intended reduced sum

also they have added new creditors not in the original list

Also they have put some lenders who have secured on my property and I am paying them on my own,outside the iva

He is threatening Bakkruptcy

Expert:  Max Lowry replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. You don't need to tell me the name of the Supervisor or the firm he belongs to is it a small firm or does he belong to a large firm I.e. are you dealing with his staff or him? Also, have you made your feelings known to the Supervisor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am dealing with his assistant most of the time

He has e mailed to deal with the assistant

Expert:  Max Lowry replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks again.
First of all, you need to put your complaint in writing. Keep a record of your complaint. - this is important in case it escalates further.
Write to the Supervisor and tell him firstly that he needs to wait until HMRC finalises its claim. There is absolutely no need for you to sell assets at this stage - this is wrong and shortsighted.
There is nothing you can do about the additional creditors being added on. They will be bound by the terms of the IVA whether they knew about it or not.
Secured lenders do not need to be involved at all. They will continue to be paid by you outside the IVA or they would be entitled to enforce their security notwithstanding the IVA.
First of all put all this writing and ask the IP to deal with matters correctly or you will be forced to make a complaint to his regulatory body. Ask him to respond with 7 days. Send the letter by email and recorded delivery.
Depending on the reply you should could making a formal complaint. See the link https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insolvency-practitioner
Don't let him or his assistant walk over you or bully you.
Let me know how you get on.
Please let me know if you need to if I can clairfy anything.