Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am thinking of buying a existing static catering trailer

i am thinking of buying a existing static catering trailer that is on a unadopted road on a business park, it is a registered business and has been inspected by the eho and given a 5 star rating,it has been trading for over 3 years wit a great customer base, the existing council cannot issue a street trading licience because it isnt a consent or prohibited street they are happy with it ,they told me to check with the council, i have phoned the council highways agency who have said that they are very uniterested in it , when it was set up the estate managers said that they couldnt grant or deny permission to trade and they didnt have a problem as long as it didnt become a mess and unsitely and that the road surrounding area was kept clean and tidy .. any response would be more than helpfull kind regards
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
What is the issue are you concerned that you will buy they business and then you will be told you cannot trade?
Who owns the business park?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi alex

yes thats basically what im a bit concerned about,although there is nothing tosuggest this will happen, its sowton business park in exeter and i m not sure who owns it , i have tried to find out, although when the current occupiers went there 3 years ago they couldnt get anything in writing because the representative from the business park couldnt grant ao deny permission,its a little slip road which is about 100 foot log with a dead end and the road surface isnt maitained if that helps,i

regards

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Have you asked the seller to give you a warranty that the catering trailer has all necessary permissions to trade at its site?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i havent yet, he may be able to put something in writing but he hesnt anything in writing himself,he only has a name of a person he spoke to when he moved there 3 yrs ago, and even then as said they couldnt grant or deny him, they just said they didnt have a problem wit it as long as it was maintained

regards

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Have you contacted the Land Registry to find out who owns the site?
If you bought the caravan and then had permission revoked would you be able to move it down the road?
Feasibly you could look into including a clause, where by there is a retention on the purchase price and if permission is withdrawn in the first year, the purchase price is reduced?
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks I wii try to sort out tomorrow thankyou regards ian

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Do you want to discuss any of this further?
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ