75100385

The lease on a shop i was renting ceased in may 2014 i have

the lease on a shop i was renting ceased in may 2014 i have continued to use the premises until April this year, can the land lord claim rent for the past 12 months although there was no agreement/lease made. words used by the landlord representative, (in the premises "illegally" and "tresspassing"

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you not paid rent for this period please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

before the lease ended the rent was £3100.00 per year, I paid a total of £1482.60 after the lease had ceased

Why did you reduce the amount paid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

because of financial problems

Ok. Then you are liable. You have a tenancy at will.This means you are liable for rent as you are in occupation. The landlord can't increase it but the rent is payable until you leave. Although the contract ends you are still in occupation and the landlord is due an occupation charge.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex, i was 50.50 about the problem thank you again for clarification.

Happy to help. Sorry it's not better news.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?