12826847

I am a retired English engineer and not or ever committed any

I am a retired English engineer and not or ever committed any crime and do not have any criminal record what-so-ever and yet I have had people following me I think instigated by a vindictive detective in Thames Valley police, I have made a complaint through IPCC to Thames Valley Police who have never deigned they have instigated any surveillance this started in August 2013 and has taken on a more sinister role my wife and I are followed when taking the dog for a walk, whilst driving, on holiday in Devon and recently in Lake district.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well I don't know what I should do to stop people following me and my wife I have managed to get a view from lawyers that I should make a further follow up complaint to the police through the IPCC (independent police complaints) the lawyers I have spoken to have said that until I can find out who is following me they cannot do anything legal wise.

No, that is right basically.
Whoever is following you it is very unlikely to be police officers. If you have complained about them then they probably are targeting you. They can be childish in that way. That is why I never advise anybody to complain about an officer.
However, to conduct ongoing surveillance of a person they need lots of authorities from the court and higher ranking officers which are never available because it is hugely time consuming and expensive and there are never enough police officers to do anything.
If this is a third party then there are potentially offences in following you. It depends on whether you are being contacted.
If this were police surveillance you would never see the same person twice. As soon as an uncover officer is seen they are replaced by another. You would not have any idea you were under surveillance as there is no point if the target knows they are being watched.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes you are correct that most of the snoopers I recognise they are using young car drivers barely passed their driving test and the car(s) with 2 or 3 other younger drivers all trying to coordinate the location of my car using apps sent to their phones/ipods etc I have briefly seen them using them and heard them saying that the are unable to triangulate my car! also there are spotters at places where I take my dog who phone or text back to some control point and within 5 mins I find several other cars arriving. There have been other more senior people in more expensive cars who control others without get themselves getting involved. But I have also seen into cars where in Devon one of the car owners had a Devon County Council car park sticker enabling her to park anywhere

They aren't police officers then.
The local council only do surveillance when there is a benefit fraud concern. If you are not on benefits then you cannot be under surveillance.