12826847

HelloBriefly this is our situation. In 2010 we were

Customer Question

Hello Briefly this is our situation. In 2010 we were approached by a family friend who said a business colleague of his was looking for someone to take over the freehold lease of a pub he had bought. My husband and I had previously run a pub and the information we were given made it sound like a wonderful opportunity. We sent the lease to a solicitor who said there didn’t look to be anything onerous in it. Two years later we left after many disagreements and failed promises from the landlord. In the ensuing two and a half years we have been hounded by him and he has now got two final charging orders against our property (we rent this property out but do not own anything else). One of the orders is for £20k in legal charges and the other over£74k in dilapidations. We have a survey which was done five years before we moved in showing the property to be in the same condition as when we left. We have sought legal advice but have not been able to stop these orders. We are now waiting to hear when they are going to apply to sell our mortgaged property. At this point we are seeking advice on two matters: i) Is there any way to reduce these ridiculous amounts ii) Do we have any recourse against the solicitor who initially told us the lease was acceptable Any advice would be most gratefully received. Suzanne XXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Please continue we are desperate for any help we can get!

Suzanne

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Please continue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

I don't think this is a very satisfactory answer for my money. Please will you arrange a refund if there is no-one who can give us any advice.