Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Is there any Company, that is legitimate, and can relinquish

Is there any Company, that is legitimate, and can relinquish my Timeshare legally and inform me of the costs upfront???
I live in Liverpool.
Kind regards, Jackie
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I clarify have you been approached by a company that is offering the above and want to confirm if it is legitimate please or are you asking if any company exists that can dispose of a timeshare that is legitimate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just made an appt. with Eze Legal Services based at Henley in Arden that was offered to me by Timeshare Advice Bureau 0203(###) ###-####wanted to know if legitimate if not could you inform me of a legitimate Legal Company that can relinquish my Timeshare.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The outfit appears to have no professional accreditations. It is not a legitimate firm of solicitors though it doesn't precisely claim to be. All they say is that they have access to solicitors who can advise you on certain areas of law. Their services page seems to contradict this saying that they can offer services directly, many of which are reserved legal practice for which they must be regulated, and they appear to have no such regulation. The website gives me little confidence in who they are or what they offer. I cannot say they are illegitimate because they do not give any specific information on their website other than vague impressions of what they can do or what they offer. If they are just an agency or broker then they may just simply link you up with a solicitor who can advise further which is legitimate but hardly worth travelling specially to their offices for an appointment. You could take a referal over the phone. The website lacks any form of independent verifiable regulation or third party endorsement and the services they claim to offer cannot be offered by a non regulated entity.They may be some form of agency but beyond this they appear to have no legal licence to offer legal services they claim to be able to offer. The address they give is serviced office space so is available on short term lets so the address gives little additional reassurance. I am concerned that they have the same name as "EZE group" which has a certain reputation in timeshare circles though there is no evidence they are linked other than the circumstantial name similarity.There are many scams involved in reselling timeshares. Any company which asks you for upfront money to sell your timeshare or dispose of it should be treated with extreme suspicion until proven otherwise. Legitimate resale brokers do not ask for upfront payments as a rule. If you consider travelling to see them I would recommend asking them to advise precisely what they are - are they claiming to be a legal firm (which they do not appear to be) or are they a broker or agent (which requires no qualifications or accreditation) in which case can they tell you more about them, when they started, copy of their indemnity insurance policy, what qualifications their advisors have and how you can confirm their qualifications. If the answers do not satisfy you then it is a long trip to make with potentially little to show.My concern may be that once there they may attempt to sell you some points scheme which you may have no right to cancel if you sign on their premises or make promises which may be difficult to keep. Legitimate resale brokers can be sourced through TATOC who manage an accreditation programme and can be contacted via this link: http://www.tatoc.co.uk/They can put you in touch with letigimate accredited brokers who may be able to assist.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
I hope the above is helpful? Can I help you with anything else or has the above answered your questions satisfactorily? If you could drop me a quick message to let me know I'd be very grateful.