75100385

We are tenants of Southern Housing Group in Hackney. We

Hi, we are tenants of Southern Housing Group in Hackney. We own a ground floor flat that we rent out to students since moving to France. There are pigeons nesting on the building roof creating much mess from excrement on our patio which greatly affects our tenants ability to enjoy their home. We have been told by S.H.G. that dealing with the pigeons is not their remit and is not in their Policy as they don't pose a risk to health and safety. They told us we have to install anti-pigeon measures. This is surprising as the roof is a communal area and as freeholders of the building, I would have thought it would be their responsibility. I have no knowledge of housing law and have had difficulty finding the information on the internet. Can you help us please?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
It is the responsibility of the Landlord as they are responsible for the structure and fabric of the building. This means it is their responsibility and as such can't avoid it.
If they do, then you would do well getting Citizens Advice to write a letter for you asking them to resolve it, or say that you will consider a Judicial Review or other Court action to make them resolve the issue.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.