Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Cf 30 application. does your credit score affect this

Customer Question

cf 30 application. does your credit score affect this. my credit score isnt very good at the moment. have a fair bit on credit. 40k. have a house with equity to the value of 350k or more. am looking at moving companies and they will submit a cf30 application. will this cause an issue. have no ccjs, no bankcruptcy or criminal convictions etc

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
You are only supposed to disclose things that affect your fitness to do the job.
Having debt does not suggest you are not fit and proper to do the job. If anything having debt that you service should give you a good credit score not a bad one.
Have you defaulted on any of your credit obligations?
The rule is if in doubt you are supposed to disclose it, but having a mortgage and credit card debts that you can service, does not seem to me like something that will affect your fitness and propriety to be an IFA.
I look forward to hearing from you.
AJ