75100385

I admitted stealing about £1200 in cash which wasn't

Hello, I admitted stealing about £1200 in cash which wasn't lodged properly into a banks nightsafe. I went to lodge the money for the company I work for and seen the person before me didn't ensure it was lodged by pulling the drawer out to check it had dropped. I was caught on cctv. The police visited my work to ask the manager (me) a few questions. My own manager got envolved and without my knowledge identified me by the cctv. The police then rang my store and asked if I could visit the police station. I wanted to confess right away as it was playing on my mind since it happened. I went and confessed and was very upset with myself and disappointed as it was totally out of character. I got my summons for court and I don't know what to expect!? In the past I have had one driving conviction for dangerous driving and my licience was taken off me for 12 months and I received a £200 fine by the courts.
What do I do? Do I need a solictor?
Many thanks, stephen
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Save for the driving offence do you have anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing else, other than this I have never been to court.
Thank you. The sentencing guidelines can be found in this case:
http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/Judicial%20Decisions/PublishedByYear/Documents/2013/%5b2013%5d%20NICC%2020/j_j_2013NICC20Final.htm
You are therefore looking at either a fine or a Community Order. You are unlikely to face custody.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, do you know what sort of fine I should receive? Also do you think I need a solictor to attend court with me? I have to fill in a sheet which relates to a fine and requires payslips and any outgoings etc what's the best thing I can do as all bills etc are in my partners name...
You should get a Solicitor yes. The fine is related to your income. You just need to do your best on the form.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to court in 1 week will I get a solictor by then? And do I really need one? In the fine form can I put down outgoings that I have no evidence for? Thanks
You can get one at Court itself. You can put down outgoings without evidence, yes.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about going on... But finally as I have never had to deal with anything like this before. Do I show up at court on the day and request a solictor or do I book one in advance? Do you know on average how much this would cost so I know where I stand?
Many thanks again
Stephen
Yes you show up on the day. You may get legal aid so may not cost you anything.
I hope that helps Stephen!

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.