UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Just filling out a 'join your partner in the uk'

Customer Question

Hi there
Just filling out a 'join your partner in the uk' visa, (I'm the sponsor, British citizen living in UK, wife is Canadian) we have all the info we need but my salary was just short of 18,000. My calculations are based on a split of previous salary (15k) and present salary (25k) from my chef job over the last 12 months, I have recieved service charge/tips amounting to £2600 on top of this, my salary was recently raised to 25k, and have accountant letter and recent pay slips to support, but worried that past 12 months salaried employment was just short. So should I wait to apply so that salaried income alone is over £18,600?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you should wait until you have salaried income of over £18600 unless you have cash savings of at least £16000 held in your bank account for over 6 months.
If you do not have savings of £16000 or more, you need to wait until you hit the £18600 per annum mark in the last 6 months.
Hope this helps