How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70112
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife made a false complaint of assault against my mom and

Customer Question

my wife made a false complaint of assault against my mom and police arrested her what can i do to get her released asap?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How do you know it is false please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

because she made a similar sort of complaint against me in the past and then gave me a written letter accepting a false complaint

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
But what is the evidence this si false?
I realise that is likely to be false but what evidence do you have that it cannot be true?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont have any evidence but what the next step i can take as i dont want my mother to spend overnight at prison

Am i allowed to go to station and meet her as shes nearly 70 and not in best of health?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
They are very unlikely to remand her.
You can go to the front desk of a police station but they will not let you see her. They never do with suspects detained save for literally exceptional circumstances.
They are not going to remand a 70 year old woman for a common assault alone.
You can attend the station and make a S9 statement to the effect that you do not believe your wife's allegation which CPS will ignore.
Do not worry though. They will know that your wife has a history of doing this.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

but who can they keep her? what proof they have that she assualt her

problem is this thing happened when i was at work and my mom called me coz shes is new to this country and didnt know police number or english to communicate and by the time i reached home my wife already called the police to be on the safe side.

How long they can detain her for? will they keep her overnight?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
The evidence they have is that your wife has made a statement against her.
They could remand her until court in the morning who could remand her in custody until the trial date.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so anyone can make a false complaint and get someone arrested?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is right.
That is why some people are found not guilty.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice