75100385

I come from France to work in London, I rented a room using

I come from France to work in London, I rented a room using estate agent in London.
The contract was for 3 Month fixed from 􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃14/02/2015 to 13/05/2015 with one month notice for cancelation.
I had extend my contract one more month (13/06/2015). So i send them an email asking for extension on 8 May and telling them that i will be leaving on 13/06/2015. They answer back agreeing to request and told me that they send a month extension contract.
I never get the extension contract. Now they are saying i did not give the notice on time and contract get automatically renew to the initial terms which 3 months.
I do not want to stay at this room after 12/06/2015 and they holding my deposit saying they refund in case if move before three month.
Is there anything i can do?
Sanjeev Kana
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether the current agreement say it automatically renews?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex,

Their nowhere in the contract which said it renew automatically if the notice to leave is not giveen.

Many thanks for your help

Sanj

Ok. Then they can NOT make you stay for the 3 months. You can stay for the 1 month extra , leave and ask for the deposit back.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the deposit within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.