I come from France to work in London, I rented a room using

I come from France to work in London, I rented a room using estate agent in London.
The contract was for 3 Month fixed from 􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃􏰐􏰁􏰗􏰂􏰑􏰗􏰑􏰂􏰐􏰃14/02/2015 to 13/05/2015 with one month notice for cancelation.
I had extend my contract one more month (13/06/2015). So i send them an email asking for extension on 8 May and telling them that i will be leaving on 13/06/2015. They answer back agreeing to request and told me that they send a month extension contract.
I never get the extension contract. Now they are saying i did not give the notice on time and contract get automatically renew to the initial terms which 3 months.
I do not want to stay at this room after 12/06/2015 and they holding my deposit saying they refund in case if move before three month.
Is there anything i can do?
Sanjeev Kana
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether the current agreement say it automatically renews?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

Their nowhere in the contract which said it renew automatically if the notice to leave is not giveen.

Many thanks for your help

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then they can NOT make you stay for the 3 months. You can stay for the 1 month extra , leave and ask for the deposit back.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the deposit within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.