Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have a problem with my Bill/customer service with Vodafone

I have a problem with my Bill/customer service with Vodafone UK and they are making my life difficult currently and wounded if you can provide some free advise as I need to know if you deal with this kind of thing and if it's worth my while presuing this down the legal route? If you do deal with this kind of thing I can provide further details
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

I would be delighted to assist however can I ensure you understand that this service is not free and you have already paid to ask the above question. There is no further charge beyond what you have already paid but a charge will show on your card for this service taht you have paid for. Would you like to continue on this basis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if Vodafone can make continued errors in regards ***** ***** debits as I changed my bank details in January using a switch service from Barclays to Lloyds and due to floors at Vodafone I had to call in every month to pay my bill and reset my direct debit and this went on till may were they charged only £21 when my bill is around £166 now due to there mistakes there claiming I have to pay £349 this month which I cannot afford I am desperate for a resolution which they seem to be making it very difficult for example promising call backs from a manager which never arrive and I then have to call in the stress this has caused is unbelievable as I have a wife and a young child of 5 and am worried about how to make ends meet because of there mistakes and I also suffer with epilepsy which has been getting worse over the last few months and making things difficult at work do I have any kind of case against them? Or do I just have to except there apology for there continued mistakes and be still liable for the full bill as its line rental my thoughts are when I intially raised this in February it should have been fixed and if this was done this would not be an isssue now?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
I can certainly help with this. Are you are happy to continue though in view of the above?If you would like to continue, could you tell me exactly what caused the errors - was it your bank or Vodafone? Why has your bill increased so much as a result of these errors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will be happy to pay the £56 as long as I get the answer I need thanks you, I checked with the Bank and all has been set up correctly with them Vodafone have had Direct debit issues when I customer uses the switch service there system does not recognised the new account and kept trying to debit the old account which was closed if after I manual called them on More than one occasion to pay over the phone and update my bank details, this just went on and on as I said till may when they finally fixed it but chared the incorrect amount which the bank can confirm as they have the request mandate and no one at Vodafone can give me a straight answer as to what happened and why the took so little and then incurred me such a big bill this month were they made the line rental error they have added the "outstanding" to this months bill which I feel is totally unjustified due to all the mistakes which lead to this then finally sorting out the direct debit then charging me so little in May and all they have to offer is £50 and sorry but the bill will still stand at around £300 when I usually pay around £166 and this is just to much for me?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. One final question if I may. Is the bill large this month because they have failed to bill for a previous month or is it larger because they have added additional missed payment charges or other charges relating to their mistakes? I assume the bill is not larger because of additional call and data charges you have incurred because you have used the phone more than normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have been within my allowances and it's all line rental and I apologies the £21 pound mistake on there part was taken in April making this month higher due to line rental "outstanding" from April which they failed to take when the funds were available for them to take which I have evidence of on my bank statements on the date when the took the direct debit, so they have rolled it all over to May's bill which is due on the 16th in a nutshell putting me into the situation I find myself in through no fault of my own? Although I have logged the issues with them more times than I can remember since February
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so confused with them the bill for £21 was either April/May due to there billing cycles as the next is due on the 16th June which will be the higher one so sorry it's difficult to understand I know I am much better speaking to someone rather then messages....
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Thank you very much for the above. There are two approaches to dealing with this which can be used together to resolve the situation.If they have debited or proposed to debit a large sum from your bank account which leaves you short of money and you believe this is a mistake, you can quickly have this money returned to your account by making a claim under the direct debit guarantee with your bank. This is achieved by simply contacting your bank advising that debit has been made by direct debit to your account which is a mistake in you dispute the amount that has been taken. The bank will immediately refund the amount to your account pending the investigation and then contact the phone provider and then work to resolve the dispute between you both.Whilst the above approach can very quickly obtain a refund of any incorrectly debited amount, at the same time, you will need to consider getting to the bottom of the problem with Vodafone. Dealing with call centres can be a frustrating experience and achieve little as you have probably found yourself. In order to resolve the position, you will need to consider writing a formal complaint to their complaints department which is a specialist department at looks at issues such as billing problems. You can write to them at:Customer Relations ManagerVodafone LimitedThe ConnectionNewburyBerkshireRG14 2FNunder the code of practice, they are required to respond to you within five days following receipt of your letter. When you write them, you can set out your full concerns with regards ***** ***** service and asked them to justify any and all charges they have applied to your account. If you are not satisfied with their response and their proposal for resolving the matter, you have a right to refer your complaint free of charge to the communication ombudsman which is an independent body that will independently reveal complaint and make a determination which is binding upon Vodafone though it is not binding upon you.You can refer your complaint to the ombudsman if you are not satisfied with Vodafone's response using the following link:http://www.ombudsman-services.org/complain-now-communications.htmlas above, the ombudsman service is free of charge and entirely independent to Vodafone and they can order compensation to be paid when they find in your favour which is binding on Vodafone.I hope the above is of assistance? If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to click to rate my service to you today or just reply back to let me know if the above is helpful. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me I'd be very grateful
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice