I answered to you earlier but got no reply. I waited and waited and then tried to contact you again. It must have been lost in transaction. I don't get a copy of my questions via e-mail and they don't appear on this website straight way, I thought you had to review/approve them first. Right, I'll do it again though things changed again.
I spoke to the senior management of the Wimbledon Lauristons. They promised me to sort things out about the paperwork from my offer and refered me back to the progression team I spoke to earlier, they promised that this team should sort it out for me now. I waited for couple of hours for their reply, and I got more frustrated as I was told earlier that I'll have to keys unless I sign the agrement. Any delays will result in me looking for another place or living in the street. I spoke to Shelter while waiting and they advised to do a formal complain and research on redress scheme. I sent a formal complain to the senior management of the agency and requested their redress scheme details. That seemed to speed things up. I got a reply that the paper is being made right at that moment and got the paper BUT the paper is not what I requested, it's not the permission to join me, it's that my patner may join if he presents certain documents and passes employment reference checks. But my patner is not coming onthe work permit, he is coming on the spousevisa. The estate agency is saying they are not going to change that. I know the HomeOffice won't accept it. What they sent to me is not what I requested and discussed with them. I'm worried that I can't get the papers and therefore shouldn't sign the tenancy agrement, and therefore won't get into the new flat... but yet I can't look for a new flat either because I'm bound by the existing agreement.
The agency e-mailed to me that they believe that they have addressed and resolved things in my formal complain. I don't believe they did. After I insisted they sent me their complain procedure which says that if I'm unhappy then the agency can refer my complain to Ombudsman for Estate Agents. But this can only be done if the agency itself didn't resolve my problem within the 8 weeks since my complain. And I don't have 8 weeks, the move in date is this Monday.
I sent a formal complain to the agency today and got a response. I also replied that I'm not happy with the response and not all points of my complain have been dealt with. The senior managment believes they have dealt with it, I believe they didn't.
Do I have to wait for 8 weeks as per agency's complains procedure or can I escalate things further to get it resolved quicker? I either need the papers done or a way out of the agreement. I believe that once I sign the tenancy I won't stand a chance against this agency without a lowyer. All I need is a flat, and I had other options where I was promised the same deal though more expensive. I still have time to contact other agencies but I need this resolved quick. Can I write to Ombudsman myself?