I'm in the middle of responding to a claim form issued by an

I'm in the middle of responding to a claim form issued by an individual through the county courts. To give a little background information on the claim, a bet was made in January on the general election. all but one of the bets were successful (conservative majority vote).
The claimant has not been in touch with me but he has stated on his claim form that he has made numerous attempts to contact me via phone, post and email.
The claimant insists I owe £450 but the winnings clearly show on the website that for that particular bet, only £275 (£50 of which are my own winnings).
My plan was to fill in the admission form, ticking the box which only admits a specified amount (£225) and also filling in the defence form and sending them to the court.
I just wanted some advice on if filling in both forms, admitting to the amount of £225, and explaining that the online betting account and the original paperwork written up was all for £225 along with providing proof in the form of print screens of the online betting accounts winnings page is a solid enough defence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You just need that you admit the £225 but not the balance. Just set it out why you do not owe it but remember to put the words, save for the admissions above the claim is denied and the claimant is put to proof.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

I'm sorry

Please could you explain this again.

Your explanation didn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm very sorry

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You admit the first £225
The balance you just put in a short paragraph why you don't owe it. Then before you sign the defence have a paragraph saying save for any admissions made the claim is denied and you put the claimant to proof.
Does that clarify?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.