LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I hae taken a speed awareness course is there any way of finding

Customer Question

i hae taken a speed awareness course is there any way of finding out when this was
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have taaen a speed awareness course and cant remember when this was is there a register where I can check dates
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have taken a speed awareness course and cant remember when this was is there a register where I can check dates
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If this was a court ordered sped awareness course you cold try contacting the court that imposed it on you and asking them for the details of the organisations they use for the courses.
I am not aware of there being a central register with the information, but contacting the court is the place to start.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was not court ordered just offered by police
In that case do the same with the police force that offered you the course. They must have details of the course provider at the time you took it. There may be several and you will have to try them all.
Why do you need the information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just recieved a n I p for speeding and need to see if I might be offered another course as I have 10 points already an I think it is over 3 years since I done a course
I will get back to you later about this as I am very busy this afternoon.
Drivers are only able to attend a speed awareness course once every three years. If you are recorded speeding again you will only be eligible to attend a further course if more than three years has elapsed since the date of your previous course.
So as I said above yo need to chase this with the relevant police force.

So if it was over 2 years ago you are fine. As I said above the best way is to c all the relevant constabulary if it is within a few years you should be able to work it out.