Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am powe of attorney . Do I have to give details of all I

Customer Question

I am powe of attorney . Do I have to give details of all I buy for my man. Can my brothers look at all my maMas bank accounts when she dies.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
As a power of attorney you have a fiduciary duty to keep your mothers affairs private and confidential. You only have to disclose this information if you are required by law. If your brothers are not PoAs then you should not disclose confidential information to them.
If she passes away, then the executor of her estate will be able to look through all her financial affairs. If you are worried you will be accused of impropriety I would just keep a personal record of what you spend her money so you can use this as complete evidence if any one makes any unwarranted accusations.
AJ