75100385

A Bailiff has obtained a Writ of Control against a company

A Bailiff has obtained a Writ of Control against a company that shares it's registered office with another company that trades from the same address of which I am a director.
1) What right does he have to remove goods from the address - we have explained to him that none of the property there belongs to the company on the writ.
2)Does a writ have to include the correct address from which property can be removed i.e. in this case a trading address rather than a registered office?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have evidence as to your own assets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes we do...

1) If you can show ownership, they can't take goods.
2) The writ does not have to include the correct address.
In short the bailiff can only take what is owed by the debtor, nothing else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please Alex - the Bailiff is saying that he can take what he wants in my absence if necessary and it's up to me to prove ownership after - if that is correct, what law allows this please??

They can't be unreasonable. The HCEO can force entry to commercial premises to levy on a first visit or any subsequent visit to remove goods providing the property is not physically attached to, and form any part of, a residential dwelling. Before forcing entry, the HCEO should have a genuine reason to believe that goods of the defendant are inside. They should check whether the property is rented, contacting the landlord if necessary.
But you can show proof before they come and then if they take things AFTER can sue for that cost.
Does that help?
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I already rated you excellent!