12826847

My granddaughter opened an account with Nationwide and she

Customer Question

my granddaughter opened an account with Nationwide and she has 5,000 in she cant get her money out we have had every excuse under the sun the card wouldn't work so the account is locked we are waiting for a card which hasn't arrived they wont accept her driving licencde. she owes us her grand parent nearly 2000 and bills what can we do mrs powell
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

1. May I as, and I hope you will forgive the question, but are you satisifed the above reasons are coming from the bank and are not excuses being given by your grand daughter as reason not to pay you please? As above I hope you will forgive the question but it has to be asked.
  2. If you are satisfied the excuses are being given by the bank, do you know why they are refusing to accept her driving licence as ID? A photocard driving licence together with proof of address (e.g. a recent bill or statement of some kind) is acceptable ID under the banking code and accordingly complies with Nationwide's own ID requirements which are formulated under the banking code:
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/manage-your-account/proving-your-identity