12826847

I am being taken to Court my father's freedom pass

Customer Question

I am being taken to Court for using my father's freedom pass (without his knowledge) to avoid paying for a London Underground ticket which would have cost £4.80. What fine can I expect? What should I offer to settle out of Court?
Have you actually received a summons?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. It is a requisition to attend Hammersmith Magistrates Court 17th June with a form to plead guilty or not guilty with mitigation

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

If they have summonsed already then they are in earnest. You can always make an offer to settle out of court and sometimes they do accept them and sometimes not.
Usually they are looking for sums of money in the region of £300.
It probably is worth making that offer because the worst they can do is refuse. If that happens you are in no worse position than you currently face.
If you are summonsed for a date in June though then I would phone them and make the offer. You can put it in writing as well but is you don't have time on your side really.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TFL planned also to make an application for £134.80 contribution towards costs and compensation.

Will I be expected to pay that on top of the £300ish

They may want court costs I'm afraid.
They don't always demand it but it is possible.