12826847

I was pulled over by a female police officer and told that

Customer Question

I was pulled over by a female police officer and told that I was stopped because they believed I was using a mobile phone. I gave the police officer my photo card driving licence from which she produced a ticket which I was asked to sign.
I was told by the police officer that I would be notified within 20 days if they were going to prosecute me and pointing out info on the back of the ticket.
I left and later noticed that on the front of the ticket it said notice of intent to prosecute.
20 days have passed and nothing has appeared.
Is this a proper notice of intent to prosecute? Will I be summoned to court?
If the officer stopped you at scene and gave you a verbal waring then that is a NIP. There is nothing formal that needs to be said in a NIP. All they have to do is warn of the risk of a prosecution.
They may forget to summons. They do sometimes.
if they do summons then they are stil lin time as long as they lay the information within six months of the alleged offence.
Sorry if that is bad news.