13262538

During a 30 year relationship my partner raised money to clear

During a 30 year relationship my partner raised money to clear some debts that I ran up on credit cards the money I spent was just used for general living expenses for us both and our children and not a life of luxury but we are now separated and have a home to sell and he has said that he wants me to give him £14,000 out of my share so he can buy another home to leave a legacy for our children. They will be 18 & 21 in August and both chose to live with me so I need to use this money to provide a home for them as they are both students and have no income. What is your opinion ?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How was the extra money raised?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
House is worth £150k with £70k on mortgage money was raised by partner selling part of share in his parents house (which we jointly paid for) to his two brothers.
Just to check - you had been jointly paying for that in any event?
The debts were related to family expenditure?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Clare
Everything was done jointly we paid all our income into one account and paid every thing from that
Ange
Then your ex has no right to any extra funds from the sale of the property and you do not have to agree to this.
If he tries to take the matter to court then he will not be successful
You shoudl make it clear that the sale will only go ahead if the proceeds are equally shared
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details