31090051

Misuses of data mobile communication

Misuses of data mobile communication
I am really sorry but I'm afraid this is a dead end.
They have obtained your number probably from the creditor who are perfectly free to do that.
Even if they were not, the truth is that there is no real loss in answering the phone and asking them not to call again and so no claim in compensation.
If the information commissioner found any merit in your complaint then they might offer something in the interests of goodwill but a court would not order compensation.
I'm very sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my mobile phone number is ***** and i have not listed it any where, i am

more interested how they obtain this, as they said we do not phone me it's your wife number, they then gave me the 1 number on there file and this was a different number. they then said I will have to prove this as i can with there number came up on my phone, after the phone call i took

a picture of the call log on another phone the time the date and how long.

Thank you. You have left a negative rating. I will be happy to carry on with this if the negative rating was a mistake. I know thats easy to do as I’ve done it myself in other categories.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you did not answer the question, how they obtain the mobile number as i did not phone the company nor how they obtained this as the number is ***** also the debit management company said they did not call my number, the number they claim was my wife's number, i then said i can

prove this as there number came up on my phone. I then took a picture

of the call log on another phone the time date and there number.

Sorry but I won't be able to continue with this.
All the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not happy with this

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My colleague has opted not to proceed further with your question. I will try to help you.
Is there any possibility that your wife called this company on your phone without you knowing about it? If not can you conceive of any other way that they could have got hold of your new mobile number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have my phone with me at all times, only i no the password ***** my iPhone to access and make calls and be able to use the phone.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply which is helpful.
It is a mystery how they got hold of your number but presumably they have accessed some database in order to do so. They should not have contacted you. That is an abuse of data. As such you should be contacting the Office of the Information Commissioner which has the power to investigate, report and make sanctions if appropriate. That will be far more user friendly that going to court and trying to prove a damages claim.
You can get the ICO information you need here.
https://ico.org.uk
I hope this helps. Happy to discuss further if you have anything specific I have missed.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.