The long and short is that I have an application with a local authority to license an activity. The activity is allowed while the council gets around to making a decision; the legislation requires the authority to notify me of the outcome within a week of making their decision and, is assumed to be granted if not determined within set period
However the council has repeatedly been determining the application until within days of the end of the set period; not telling me of their decision for weeks, and not telling me properly if at all?
Can I quible the status of the license because of the authority's failure to advise me timely and/or properly?
Thanks, that is what I was kind of hoping.
However from my Devils Advocate point of view: is the decision not point of law and the communication of the decision another?
I could have writen to them weekly to find out if they had made a decision and, I could tell them how their communications are missing and/or inadequate. Does not doing so, make me culpable for not having a license, if it were denied and I was continuing to trade in the meantime?
Grateful for your observations.