12826847

My family are using threats of having me sectioned as a way

my family are using threats of having me sectioned as a way of bullying me to keep quiet about something. my sister is a senior health professional and i would like to know where i stand.
Are you asking whether they can achieve this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long will it take to reply?

They cannot just get you esctioned.
They can make reports that they have concerns about your behaviour but it isn't that simple to get people sectioned. You would have to be assessed by two doctors and a social worker and they would need to be independent from your family.
Then you would need to be showing really significantly worrying behaviour that can be treated by detention under the Mental Health Act.
It isn't at all easy to do and won't happen unless there are real issues.
I used to do mental health tribunals before I was at the Bar and I never saw anybody ever who wasn't sectioned for a good reason at the outset. People were sometimes held slightly longer than was proper and had to be released by the tribunal but people are not just sectioned because their relatives would prefer them to be.