13262538

I am writing this on behalf of my son. My son has separated

I am writing this on behalf of my son.
My son has separated from his partner and his ex is refusing him access of any kind to their two children who are 7 and 4 years old. He ideally wants access and to have the children 2 or 3 nights per week on a regular basis. He is not currently paying child support but is willing to do so as long as the money is used for the children. His ex partner claims to have the children every night but in reality they are left with her mother on numerous occasions. He would therefore like to establish a parental responsibility agreement and regular access on agreed days/nights to establish a regular routine as he thinks this is the correct thing to do.
His ex has made false accusations to the police and after being arrested my son was released with no charge to answer. The police were going to have strong words with his ex but we are not aware if this has happened.
Advice appreciated on how to tackle this issue.
Pete Cairns (Concerned Grandfather)
Is your son named on the birth certificates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - my son is named as the father on both of his childrens birth certificates.

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this is if necessary.
Your son already has Parental responsibility for his children - what needs to happen is that he and his ex need to agree how the children should share their time between them - setting in place a Parenting Plan if possible.
His starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting with a Family mediator
www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk
If his ex will not mediate then he can then apply for a Child Arrangement Order which can then be enforced.
he can read more here
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details